Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Old Priory Junior School, Plympton, Plymouth
Required: As soon as possible
Contract Term: Fixed term until 31st August 2021
Hours – Part time 20 – 30 hrs per week negotiable
Salary - Grade SC5 SCP14 - £23,080 p.a (pro rata)
Term Time only – 39 weeks per annum
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and motivated Higher Level Teaching Assistant to provide cover supervisor/1:1 intervention support at our school in Plympton.
The successful candidate will:
- Make the curriculum exciting and personalise it to the needs of different groups of children
- Have high expectations of children
- Be sensitive to the needs of different children
- Be passionate about helping children to learn and providing them with a range of opportunities and suitable challenge
- Have a strong desire to improve outcomes for all children
- Help children overcome barriers to learning
- Think in creative ways to make learning accessible for all
- Show commitment, enthusiasm, empathy and resilience
- Be flexible to work both as part of a team and with the wider community of professionals
- Have recent experience of working in upper Key Stage 2
- A welcoming school with a strong ethos and values
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn
- An experienced, supportive and welcoming staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
- A strong commitment to continuing improvement
- A commitment to your professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please visit our Trust website https://www.stchristophersmat.org/topic/vacancies for an application form and further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Applications to be returned by 9am on 16/11/2020 to: email@example.com
The St. Christopher's Trust website shares information about current vacancies in the wider Trust: