PTA - Friends of St Marys School
Friends of St Mary's School (or FoSMs) is the name for our PTA.
We work closely with Old Priory PTFA to raise funds through seasonal fairs, discos, cake sales, film nights and mufti days. The funds we raise directly benefits the children in school to provide additional resources and activities that may not be feasable through the school budget.
HOW IS THE MONEY RAISED SPENT?
In recent years, our fundraising has paid for:
- Five brand new interactive whiteboards, one for each classroom
- Playground upgrades including the climbing frame and slide, sensory equipment and additional play equipment.
- Educational packages for each child (TimesTable Rockstars, Read Write Inc)
- Mini First Aid, Discovery Science and Road Safety Workshops
- Contributions towards new books for the library and the school reading scheme
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
As parents, you are automatically a member of the PTA and your voice counts. Our PTA depends on a continual cycle of parental involvment. Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTA is invaluable.
We welcome help in many ways including attending planning meetings, packing envelopes, preparing games and activities for fairs, setting up for events in school, and canvassing local companies to acquire prizes for raffles.
WHO ARE WE?
Chairperson - Sarah Shelton
Treasurer - Matthew Kent Clare
Secretary - Tina Street
Infant School Rep - Cheryl Ellis
If you would like to find out more, please email email@example.com
We have a facebook page and group to keep up to date with our events.
FoSMs Facebook Closed Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsofstmarysplympton
FoSMs and Old Priory PTFA Public Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fosmsoldpriorityptfa